Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Gringa probs...Trujillo temple...and lovely (stinkin' actually) mosquitos!

We appreciate all of you who pray for Hermana Coleman (and her companion Hermana Guevara) and the service they are giving in Peru.  Thank you for those who have sent letters and packages!  She mentions those below.  Merry CHRISTmas to you all and your loved ones!

We invite you all to enjoy the brief Christmas video below (less than 3 minutes). He is the Gift!

 Inline image 1
Me and my amazing comp...Hermana Guevara! Gotta love her so much!!!! :) This was on the way to the Trujillo Temple!!!!! :) We got to go with our ward council this week...we were able to see it and take some pics! They still don´t have the dedication date...
but hopefully soon!  



Inline image 2
Gotta love Navidad! Feliz Navidad! :) Gotta love turtle necks when it is pretty hot outside...totally worth it though!  (She rolls up the sleeves so she won't be so hot!) :-)



Inline image 3
 We LOVE our Christmas socks! They hide my nasty legs too! ;)
(Mosquito bites!)  Haha! Gracias!  We also started our 13 days of Christmas from both you and Mimi and Papa! So fun!




Jennesa's Letter for the week....


Familia and marviollsa amigos!!!!! :)

Thank you to all who email me and write me! I am amazed at the support and I love it! I´m so sorry I don´t have time to write you back..I'm doing the best I can and am still trying to figure out the best way to do it...but don't ever think I don't read your emails and letters...because I do and I LOVE THEM!!!!!! :)

Oh my heavens ta Betsy! Another week has come and gone...it is so strange to think that Christmas is so soon...and yet I´m sweating and getting some nasty mosquito bites...oh yeah...it's summer here...well spring I guess. Anyway...yeah I have about 21ish lovely mosquito bites on my legs...and they aren't really normal...but ya know! ya just gotta love it and live it and have lots of faith to get through it...right?
On Monday we were able to make mac and cheese Peruvian style! Super fun! it turned out kind of bland...but we added some yummy Peruvian sauce and it was just great!
We have been contacting tons of people with special cards entitled..."El es la Dadiva!" with a neat video link...navidad.mormon.org! I'm not sure if you have heard of this but it is incredible! Every missionary is supposed to be handing out 10 of these every day and the goal is to contact about 220,000,000 people (I think) this Christmas season! What a neat thing! The video is so neat...please go and watch it if you haven't already...and share it with someone who you feel needs it! :) WhoooHoooo the Christmas season is so awesome! Love it!
Speaking of the Christmas spirit I was able to wear my sweet Christmas turtle neck on Friday...for our special Zone meeting! haha! oh and my papa noel (Santa Claus) earrings! :) Our meeting was so amazing! I was able to really feel the spirit and it was exactly what I needed! We talked lots about when we feel discouraged...depending on how long we feel the discouragement it is a sin...but when we feel discouragement and react the right way it is OK! Because everyone gets discouraged...we just need to have faith and turn to the Lord in these times...which is way easier said than done...but we can all try right? :)
Oh and after our special zone meeting I seriously got an early Christmas!!!! I GOT MAIL!!!!!! TONS OF IT!!!!!!! :) Thanks to everyone! Wowzers! I was seriously overwhelmed!!! :) Letters from the following:
Bree and Spence-15 Oct.
Grammie-dearelder
Heather mills-dearelder
Mom-""Oct. 21
Else y Isaac-16 Oct
mom y hunter-20 Oct
Bro. Welch- Oct
Sis. Melanie Jorgensen-12 Nov
spackman fam-25 Nov
fam!-25 Nov.
dad, jar, hunt- 24 Nov.
and...A PACKAGE!!!!! from Mimi y papa (3 Nov.)
Holy smokes! Thanks so much everyone!!!! i am so grateful for all the support i have had on my mission so far! thanks so much! :) you are all incredible!
One of our investigators!
Karen: 21, is actually starting to care I think. She is fun to talk to and tries to help me with my Spanish when she can understand me. She is taking English classes so sometimes I am able to help her with her studies. we went through most of the baptismal interview questions with her and it was amazing! :) She came to all hours of church yesterday! Wowzers! :) She is working towards her date of baptism which is 27 Dic.
Last night we had an amazing stake meeting with tons of missionaries...we had mormon messages, special musical numbers, testimonies from members, and more! It was so neat! I was able to play violin! :) with Hna. South, and Elder Davis...Elder Hackey was on the piano. But afterwards...Sis.Chu-Jon was there!!!!!! Oh my heavens! (she is in my home stake!) amazing miracle! so fun to hug her and see her!
RANDOM:
-WE have to really have paciencia (patience) when crossing the streets!
-kinda gross...but we don't flush our toilet paper here...
-I LOVE galletas (Peruvian crackers/cookies)! :D maybe that's why my skirts don't fit...jk!
-This week we walked a ton!!!! Wowzers! 
-Learned how to make scones Peruvian style
-Needed a black skirt for the program last night...my smelled like campfire...so I was resourceful and used my perfume to make it all better! haha! 
-Totally used a ruler to cut this interesting fruit...
-I ate fried fish eggs...:/
FUNNIES AND INSPIRATIONALS:
-Was telling Hna. Guevara about how I made my sweet jungle shorts when I was fifteen...but i said "when I was 50..." oh dearest...numbers are so stinkin hard for me in Espanol!
-Mosiah 27:25-26...(gotta love the story of Alma the younger) 
 25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations,kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;
 26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.
-I am so sick of being whistled at, getting the creepy "hello" responses, and "oh...gringa!"...but just gotta love it! Whew! paciencia! ;)
Love you all so much! Brighten someones day this week with a kind thought, note, or just a simple smile! Ahhhh Christmas is close! :)
Love,
Hermana Coleman :D

No comments:

Post a Comment