Monday, March 16, 2015

Week #22 -- La Clinica...monos...piedras en mis zapatos! (The Clinic...monkeys...little rocks in my shoes!)

March 9, 2015:
Que tal mis familiares y amigos maravillosos (How are all you marvelous friends and family)?! 
I sure do love you all so much! Thanks for all your prayers and support! What a blessing!

This week was interesting...with ups and downs...but as we say...es la vida de la mision (That's missionary life)! :)

We were able to have a really neat Multizona (multiple zones of missionaries) on Tues...and I was able to play my violin...we had a bit of a misunderstanding and I thought I was only playing one musical number...but I found out right before the meeting started that I was supposed to have a solo ready and play with the elders I talked to...oh buddy...luckily I had an English hymn book in my case and was able to play Be Still My Soul...what a tender mercy! :) In our meeting we talked about how to become a Consecrated Missionary. Oh while walking into the meeting we were given a handful of small rocks or piedras to put in one of our shoes...oh buddy...not comfortable at all...so neat though. These small rocks were symbols of the small sins we have in our lives...and how sometimes we try to shuffle the rocks or small sins around so we feel more comfortable but we don´t take time to take the piedras (small rocks) out. So interesting. Hermana Marler had us stand on the foot with the rocks and jump around...oh buddy! Whew! What a neat meeting!

Inline image 1
A Picture of the Entire Multi-Zone Conference!!
(Jennesa is under the basketball rim, a little to the right, with a light aqua green dress on!)


Inline image 2
 Hermana Coleman playing the violin to accompany
a duet in the zone conference meetings.  


Inline image 3
A close up of the zone photo with Hermana Huayton (Jennesa's current companion in white) and Hermana Guevara (Jennesa's previous companion in a black dress that Jennesa gave to her) :-) 


Inline image 1
 Hermanas (Sisters) Coleman and Huayton
at the Zone conference being funny! :)





On Wed we were able to have a really neat lesson with Antonio...a menos activo (less active member)...who we ran with him and his sister early in the morning a couple of times. He was really serious and pretty intimidating honestly during our lesson...but it was neat to really have to rely on the Spirit to help me with my Spanish and to tell me what I needed to say...or what Antonio needed to hear. The Spirit was so powerful. Afterwards he asked us if he could accompany us to the road because he couldn´t tell us what he wanted to in his house with all his family members around...while walking he told us that he was going to come back to church...this coming Sunday!!!!! But he wanted to keep it as a surprise for his family...holy camoly...what a milagro (miracle)! :) So special! We were both so excited...when we separated at the street Hna. Huayton and I both did our excited screams!...well quietly! But we were so excited! :) 

We were able to go to the temple again this week...this time at night from 5:30-9ish...the temple is so beautiful at night! Loved it! I did have a frustrating night that night though. The language has really been bogging me down lately. It is so hard to always be positive and keep smiling when person after person either laughs at you...acts like you are invisible because they don´t think you can understand of talk...tells your companion (with pity) that you can´t understand...or doesn´t understand you over and over and over. Whew...paciencia (patience) is a real virtue. This past week Hna. Huayton and I made a goal to focus on this attribute of Cristo (Christ)...and it seems like we have been given many ways to practice it...but practice makes better right?

RANDOM: 
-We were able to help Laura (MA--less active member) and her mother in law cook their lunch...fried fish with rice and potatoes. They fry the whole fish and it is a little grody when you have to handle the whole dead fish with blood and all...but it was surely an adventure! :)
-I have been having lots of stomach issues...but guess what?! I don´t have any parasites as of now! :)Yhoooo whoooo!

INSPIRATIONALS Y FUNNIES:
-We made handouts for our Consejo de Barrio (Ward Council Meeting--the leaders in the congregation meet and talk about how to help lift and serve the members of the ward) and on the back we put a quote by Pres. Monson about service and helping hands...while I was copying it i noticed that i had been writing monos for hands instead of manos! monos are monkeys! oh buddy! luckily I caught it before hand...we were able to have a good laugh though! :)
-Alma 32:24...I sure needed this when I was struggling with feeling left out because of my Spanish and being the only gringa (North American missionary in our small meal group) now without Hna. Mathis. What a neat book the Book of Mormon is! 

I sure love you all and I love this church! What a blessing it is in our lives! 

Love,

Hermanita Coleeeeman! :D


Alma 32:22-27

 22 And now, behold, I say unto you, and I would that ye should remember, that God is merciful unto all who believe on his name; therefore he desireth, in the first place, that ye should believe, yea, even on his word.
 23 And now, he imparteth his word by angels unto men, yea, not only men but women also. Now this is not all; little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned.
 24 And now, my beloved brethren, as ye have desired to know of me what ye shall do because ye are afflicted and cast out—now I do not desire that ye should suppose that I mean to judge you only according to that which is true—
 25 For I do not mean that ye all of you have been compelled to humble yourselves; for I verily believe that there are some among you who would humble themselves, let them be in whatsoever circumstances they might.
 26 Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge—even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.
 27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment