Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week #26 -- HUNTER IS 14!!!, Cold showers, fruit!!!, running!, CONFERENCE!, SPENCE"S CALL!!!!!!!

April 6, 2015:

Wonderful fam and friends!

I am so overwhelmed with emotions right now as I just watched the video of my amazing bro, Spence open his mission call....to GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA!!!!!!!!!! Oh my stinking heavens....I am so excited and proud of him! Spence, you are going to make such an amazing missionary! The people of Guatemala are going to love you so much!  (Spencer has been called to serve in the Guatemala, Guatemala City Central Mission, entering the Guatemala City Missionary Training Center on July 22nd and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ in Spanish.)

Spencer opening his mission call!

SHOUT OUT TO MY INCREDIBLE BRO, HUNTER!!!!! 14! Enserio!? (Seriously!!) You are totally growing up! I love you so much! I hope you had such an awesome b-day! And now you're a teacher!Whooo Hooo!

This week was sure interesting. It is tough opening up an area...but it also has its ups. Just like about everything in life...jaja! (ha ha!)  We have seen some sweet little miracles during this week. 

During one of our lessons with an amazing girl, Dariana (14), who loves to proselyte with us...she is going to be an incredible future missionary someday! :) Anyway, with her, her inactive sister, Alejandra, and their cousin. While testifying about the Atonement of Christ I just felt this wonderful feeling of the spirit of truthfulness wash over me...what a huge blessing these short but powerful moments are in our lives! The Atonement is so real...and ready for us to use it in our lives. It is such a great gift for us...I have realized that I need to become more humble and use the wonderful Atonement in my life, daily! 

We have been able to meet some more members, leaders, and lots of menos activos (less active members). Poco a poco (little by little) we are trying to get into a groove...but we are still working up to it...but we are learning a lot. 

This week I have been struggling with my attitude and my excitement hasn´t been quite the same in some moments...my nightly prayers haven´t been very sincere and I seriously need them to be...I have also been struggling in my mind with the fact that I haven´t had the opportunity to be part of a baptism and I have 6 months in the mission this Tuesday...crazy fast. I know baptisms aren´t what the work is about but it still is tough and can cause one to doubt.  I was really praying to find answers and inspiration in General Conference and what a blessing! I LOVED General Conference...I seriouslydidn't want it to end...each talk was so direct and wonderful! Many neat talks for specific menosactivos (less active members) in our area and for me as well! I am so grateful for our wonderful prophet and leaders! I seriously was writing the whole time and I just couldn´t get enough! What an incredible experience to watch Conference! We went to our stake center to watch it and I along with other elders watched it in English...there weren´t any other North American sisters...a little weird but I just sat in the back row and enjoyed the many talks! :)

RANDOM:
-We have bought so much fruit this week...we just love it so much and it is super cheap...so why not? Much better than galletas (crackers/cookies)! ;)
-We have been running in the mornings...waking up at 5:30...we started this past Wed...and we have been diligent! Today was day 5! It takes 21 days to make a habit! We are ready! 
-We also live on the 4th floor...so our legs have been super sore...from running and we have to climb up lots of stairs each day! We are grandmas together! :)

Inline image 1

The photo this week from Jennesa is from her on her bed in her new area and new apartment.  She is so kind to give us this . . . we have requested a photo of her bed so we can at least visualize where she is part of every 24-hour day!

FUNNIES Y INSPIRATIONALS:
-It is super hot during the day...I seriously sweat so much...it is like I am exercising but I´m just sitting in a chair dripping...we joke and say it´s like a daily shower....ALL DAY! JAJA (Ha Ha)!
-I love this quote! 
"There is one language...that is common to each missionary-the language of the Spirit. It is not learned from textbooks written by men of letters, nor is it acquired through reading and memorization. The language of the Spirit comes to him who seeks with all his heart to know God and keep His divine commandments. Proficiency in this language permits one to breach barriers, overcome obstacles, and touch the human heart." -Pres. Monson
-Also...I loved how in Conference...I think it was Elder Nelson...I don't have my notes with me but he asked the question...how are you going to change from what you have learned from this conference? :) I loved it! Because we all need to change to become more like our Savior!

Love you all more than you can even imagine!
Love,
Hermana Coleman :D

No comments:

Post a Comment