Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week #49 -- Hna. Steward, nuevo vestido (new dress), Noche de Cine (Movie night), Elena y Luciana :(

Sept. 14, 2015:

Inline image 1
11 months in the mission field!!

Well...the week after cambios (transfers) is always really long...because it seems so weird that just a week ago I was companions with Hna. Nielsen! I sure hope she is loving it up there in Cajamarca! I sure love her and miss her. 

Wow! Hna. Stewart is a blast! She is so funny. She knows so much about the gospel and she loves it! Wow...crazy to think that we will both hit our year marks this cambio! Time flies!
Some fun bullet points!
Inline image 2
Jennesa and Hermana Stewart this morning!!

HNA. STEWART:
-12th child in her family! She has 14 siblings!!!! Wow! :D
-She is from Cedar City, Utah!
-Loves red vine licorice
-Fav. book: Ella Enchanted
-Super funny and always calls me "man" or "dude" :D
-Amazing in her Spanish!
-We both talk in our sleep
-Has a very strong testimony
-Loves Frozen! :D
-Has a beautiful voice! :D 
Inline image 1

We were able to teach this wonderful lady named Sara this week. She is actually a referral from Hermana Marler when she was helping us look for rooms. :D Well...Sara is a single mom who has an 18 year old daughter, Sachi, a 2 year old daughter, Miluska and a baby on the way. She is young...only 39 and she is fun to laugh and talk with. I love it because at first her heart was really hard and closed to us but now...she told us that her home is our home and loves being with us. In her closing prayer she asked Heavenly Father to help us never stop visiting her even if she would never come to our church...ooops...looks like we have some work to do. She is really struggling to believe in profetas (prophets) but we have asked her to pray about it...and we left The Restoration with her andSachi...and Sachi is really interested! So we are hoping, praying, and thinking that Sachi is the clave (the key)! :D

Oh...so sad. Elena and Luciana (they were baptized 22 of Aug) haven't come to church once after their confirmation. And this week...right after Hna. Nielsen left, Elena called us and told us that they didn't have time for our visits during the week and that they would just see us at church or in the streets. She asked us not to go to their house. I was so distraught...because I didn't know why and I still don't. But luckily we were able to have a tender mercy and were able to get into their home and visit and talk with Luciana. It is so hard to communicate with them because their only number isn't working and they don't want us knocking on their door...because they rent and live in another house behind their land lady's building! So frustrating! But I am praying constantly for them! :D

RANDOM:
-So an incredible lady in our ward finished sewing a dress for me and I LOVE it! I wore it to church yesterday...but i forgot to take a pic...so I'll try to send one next week! :D
-We were able to have a fun Movie Night on Friday and watch the Testaments as a ward mission activity!

INSPIRATIONALS Y FUNNIES:
-So I have actually said "dude" twice now! Oh buddy! :D 
-"We lighten the loads of others best by helping the Lord strengthen them."
From the talk "The Comforter" by Pres. Eyring
I have been loving the Conference talks! I have a goal to finish reading them all before Conference here in a couple of weeks! they are the best!
-Also 2 Nefi 22:2
"He aquí, Dios es mi salvación confiare y no temeré, porque elSeñor Jehova es mi fortaleza y mi canción y también ha llegado aser salvación para mi."  (Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.)
 
WHAT COMFORT!!!! I love the scriptures!

Loves,
Hermana Coleman :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment