Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Surprise letter from Jennesa's Trainer, Hermana Guevara!

(Translated into English!!) :-)

Dear Bro. Coleman and family, 
I hope this is a surprise!  It is special to be companions with your daughter.  She is so elegant!  I'm sad that we will not be companions any more, but will be in the same neighborhood!  That is excellent because I have worked hard with her in our area.  It was so difficult to find less actives, but with the help of Sister Coleman, we have found less actives and many people.  On Sundays, it can be very stressful for us. Our investigators will tell us, "I am not busy! I will come to church. There will be no problem!"  Then we wait and wait, and they don't come. 

This week we found investigators who told us, "Ok, Sisters, we will be there for church--and they were!  (We told them we were both giving talks.)  Sister Coleman told me she was worried that the members or the investigators wouldn't be able to understand her.  She started her talk by saying, "Good day, Brothers and Sisters.  This morning I'm going to speak to you in Spanish.  My Spanish is in process and I am working very hard on my Spanish, so I hope you will work very hard to understand me, okay?" :-)  She continued, "Every day I ask questions about Spanish to Sister Guevara (like grammar, and how things are used).  There are people that ask me, "Where did you come from?"

I was in the chair thinking, "Wahoooo!"  The things she says and the Spanish she uses is excellent. She also doesn't question my training.  So, Brother Coleman, your daughter is super excellent in the mission.  We have had many difficulties with our investigators, but I know that she is prepared for each detail in life!  I'm so grateful for your gifts!  I cried when I saw the English Hymn book because that is one of my deepest desires!  

I WANTED TO THANK YOU, BROTHER COLEMAN FOR YOUR DAUGHTER.  FROM HER I HAVE LEARNED MUCH LOVE.  AND FROM ALL OF YOU I HAVE LEARNED THE ATTRIBUTES OF JESUS CHRIST. ​​THANK YOU FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY TO BE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER IN THE MISSION!  SHE IS A GREAT COMPANION.  MANY GREETINGS FROM PERU

Hermana Guevara

Sweet companions!  Jennesa couldn't have asked for a better trainer!  (In the mission, they call your trainer, your Mom!)  Hermana Guevara, thanks for all your love, leadership, kindness, care and patience that you showed Jennesa!  We all love you and are so grateful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment