Monday, June 15, 2015

5 semana training, subasta, Hna. Sarat, miracles in the capilla, my plaque! :(

June 15, 2015:
My wonderful family and friends!!!!

Wow! This week was interesting. It is really tough because Hna. Sarat is ending her mission! :( She goes back to her lovely home of Guatemala (shout out to my awesome bro, Spence!) this 24 de junio. Tough stuff...my partner in training Hna. Maydana is dying, but we are plugging along and we are trying to enjoy each moment! :) We are so excited to have Hna. Sarat staying in our area for this last week...we had cambios just yesterday and we now have a new district leader and zone leader! And......guess what?! I AM STAYING IN TRUJILLO MISIÓN NORTE!!!!!!! WITH PRES Y HNA. MARLER! What a blessing...enserio (seriously)! But...lots of sad news of missionaries that I love and know who are in the other mission...the official change is the 17 de Junio (June 17th).  

We were able to see so many miracles yesterday in the capilla (chapel/church)! Wow! One of our sweet menos activos (less active) families came to church by themselves...we didn't even call them to remind them! It was so neat...and they stayed all 3 hours! We were also able to help Hna. Juana get her kids ready for church and help her be in the church for the first time...for all 3 hours tambien (too)! What a neat day! Hna. Maydana and I were excited to be able to see some of the fruits of our labors...what a tender mercy! 

I was bummed...because yesterday after sacrament meeting while I was talking to some members...the back of my magnetic plaque (missionary nametag) fell off onto the floor...I reached up to grab my plaque and IT WASN'T THERE!!!!! Oh no...so sad...my heart seriously dropped! Because really...my plaque is so special to me and I almost had it for 9 whole months! :( Luckily I have my clip one...and I still have hope that it is in the house of Hna. Juana...lots of prayers! 

This last week we were able to go to Trujillo for Hna. Maydana...her first 5 week training...with all the missionaries from her group and all their trainers. It was much needed and nice to recieve some inspiration and see other missionaries. 


Displaying image.png
Picture with all the new trainers and trainees with Pres. and Sis. Marler!

We also had a Zone Subasta this week!!! (a zone auction) Our zone leaders made fake money for us...for completing different goals and we have been getting it this whole change...so we were able to use it in the auction! So much fun...one last sh-bang as a zone! Changes are so hard! Oh...but we did get shirts as a zone! They are so sweet...they are jerseys...with our names on the back and our zone! I picked the number 18...because yeah...18 months baby! :)

RANDOM:
-THE TEMPLE DEDICATION IS IN 6 DAYS!!!!! I really need to prepare myself for this special day! What a blessing!
-So many people have told me that I look a lot like the actress Cameron Diaz...but I don't know who she is...jaja! Would someone mind sending me a pic?! :)
-FOOD: Okie dokie mom...the most common things we eat for meals...for breakfast we usually have some kind of hot drink...avena (which i love...it's like oatmeal), avena with coco, or some other stuff with bread! We seriously eat some much bread! Either with jam, butter, omelets, or avocado. Lunch usually some kind of meat, with veggies, and rice. I LOVE the dish called Huai de Gallina...if that is even how you spell it? It´s this yummy yellow sauce over potatoes and chicken. With an egg...sometimes. Dinner is really little...with same as breakfast or sometimes caldo...soup! :) Snacks...i love buying their fruit! It is so cheap! Mandarins, apples, grapes, OH MY!!! I love this crackers they have called Choco Sodas...they are saltine crackers covered in chocolate!!!! So stinkin good! My treat here! Also love the sublimes...oh and wheat crackers! So good! 
Displaying
A photo of Aji de Gallina (she mentions is one of her favorite foods).

INSPIRATIONALS Y FUNNIES:
-Sad day when my fruit goes bad!! (As Spencer would say, "That's just messed up!") :-)
-Oh gosh...well I didn't have my plaque (Missionary nametag) for the last 2 hours of church...and when we were being dropped off in the old bishops combi (big van...where we can fit a ton of people) one of the returned missionaries in our ward...went to give me a hug to scare me...because I was a "member" without my plaque! Ay ay ay! 
-I have really had to humble myself here in Peru! I have realized that really...I am nothing without my Heavenly Father. He knows me and he loves me. I am so grateful that we can communicate with him through prayer! (I have started saying my night prayers kneeling next to my hard chair...instead of my soft tempting bed) Talk with Him...it is so refreshing and rewarding!

I love you all so stinkin much!
Loves,

Hermana Coleman! :D

Whoooo Hoooo! pics! I sure love you all! 


One is of Dalí and her fam! They had us over for a family night and we are planning her baptism for 27 de Junio!!!! :) 
Our fingernails we painted...they have "R's" on them to help us remember to ask for references! 

  Um...what else? Oh the dancing horse show from last week's Preparation Day...way cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment