Wednesday, July 15, 2015

TRUJILLO OFFICIALLY NOW HAS A TEMPLE!!!!!!! (Happy Father's Day!!!)

June 22, 2015:

Look who took some letters and "study gum" to Jennesa, and who was met at the airport by Pres. and Sis. Marler!! (Bishop Davies!!) He was going for the Trujillo Temple Dedication and handed off the package to the Marlers!!

Dear Wonderful Fam and Friends!!!! 

Holy Smokes! What a week! The Lord sure loves us and is aware of us and our needs! I was able to gain some great reassurance and feelings of love during the Trujillo Temple Dedication...I heard things that I felt were exactly for me! 

Wow...this week we were able to spend some good time together as companions...since Hna. Sarat is going home tomorrow! How crazy is that?! Hna. Maydana and I will sure miss her! She is an incredible missionary and a great example to me...what a neat opportunity to be her companion and become so close to her! :)

The beginning of this week was tough for me because I started to doubt myself as a trainer. But now I am feeling much better after fasting and praying for strength and I know that even though this is tough...I am learning A TON and I feel that I am going to come out of this time in my mission...a much stronger person and missionary! :)

What a wonderful experience to be able to attend the practice for the Cultural Activity on Sat! I LOVED IT! The youth did so well in their dances and it was so fun to see and watch. What a neat experience to see and hear from Pres. Uchtdorf and his wife! They were so close...it seemed like a dream!
What a wonderful opportunity!!

The Cultural Event!!

I was able to run into lots of good friends at the Cultural Activity practice! 

Like how I can hold my skirt out, too! :-)




Some other sweet angels were traveling to the Trujillo Temple Cultural Celebration and texted us this picture!!  We sure love these angels around the world!!
  
 It was really fun to be able to see lots of people from Laureles too! Also a Bob Wood (from Woods Cross--who sets up the AV for the temple dedications) found me and had a package from you wonderful people for me!!! He showed me a pic of you, Dad with my cardboard cutout and asked me if it was me! :) jaja! What a small world! How fun! I LOVED YOUR PACKAGE!!! Swedish fish! Holy Smokes...what gold! My and my comps LOVE them! And everything else...I'll have to give the Redmonds clay a try...we don't have fridge...maybe I can use my pensions...

Inline image 2
Landon met this man, Bob Wood at a Scout Training and he took this package to Jennesa for us!! So sweet!  We aren't really sure how he found her in the entire stadium full of people!! Wow!

Oh wow...and then yesterday!!!!! THE TEMPLE DEDICATION!!! What an incredible experience! We were able to go to our stake center and watch all three sessions! And so neat...since they were all different! 
Some little tidbits I loved: 
-Pres. Uchtdorf: Make it Father's Day everyday! Let us honor our Father in Heaven every single day!
-Romulo J. Casós: Puertas abiertas=fiesta espíritual! Like the reunion we will have with our loved ones after this life.
-Juan A. Uceda: His 5 points to make the temple a part of our lives
#1-Have a photo of the temple in your home
#2-Buy your temple clothes NOW! 
#3-Fill out and complete the book..."My Family" with all your family history. And take your own family names to the temple to complete their work.
#4-Always have your temple recommend renewed & ready to use.
#5-Attend the temple regularly!
-Pres. Uchtdorf: I loved how he started out in Spanish! How neat for me to hear him...not speak perfectly but to try with all his heart and spirit!
-Nelly García de Díaz: Valor hermanos!!  Let's press forward with faith! :D
-Pres. Uchtdorf: After the story of Martin...The Savior is here in the old soldier who needs help, the woman who is hungry with a crying baby, and in others! What an answer to prayers...that the little things really do matter! 
-David A. Bednar: Seek after OUR dead!! It´s OUR responsibility! We have been given much and consequently much is required of us!
Our awesome zone of Porvenir
after the 3 sessions of the temple dedication! :)

RANDOM:
-Holy Cow! Hna. Sarat stayed up all night last night writing notes to people...and getting things packed up! She didn't sleep a wink! Wow!
-We've been playing soccer and basketball in the mornings! I need to just let myself have fun and relax...I always feel so self conscious! But I'm getting to love it!
-On Monday we ate with our old bishop and had duck...so good! But it made my stomach not very happy! But now i'm good!

FUNNIES Y INSPIRATIONALS:
-Hna. Maydana will turn to me and say..."Un fish?" with puppy dog eyes and a cute Spanish accent! jaja! How can you say no to that?
-OH MY! We were able to go to one of the first sealings in the Trujillo Temple today for Hna. Sarat...her old pensionista was sealed to her husband and two kids! So incredible! And Elder Uceda did the sealing! Wow! What an incredible experience! I hardly knew them but I had tears streaming down my cheeks! Families can really be together forever!
-I got the following story in a letter from Mimi and Papa this week!

VOICE OF THE MASTER
"Wishing to encourage her young son's progress on the piano, a mother took her boy to a Paderewski Concert. After they were seated, the mother spotted a friend in the audience and walked dkown the aisle to greet her. Seizing the opportunity to explore the wonders of the concert hall, the little boy rose and eventually explored his way through a door marked "NO ADMITTANCE." When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was mission. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing" Then leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in the bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running obbligato. Together, the old master and the young novice transformed a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience. The audience was mesmerized.

That is the way it is with our Heavenly Father. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't exactly graceful flowing music. But with the hand of the Master, our life's work truly can be beautiful. Next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You can heart the voice of the Master whispering in your ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing." Feel His loving arms around you. Know that His strong hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces. Remember that God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called. And He'll always be there to love and guide you on to great things."

Isn't that incredible! I invite you to share it with someone you love! Love you all to bits!
Loves,
Hermana Coleman :D

 Aidita...the granddaughter of our pensionista turned 3 on Monday so we were able to go to her b'day party! Super fun! 


A card they made for Father's Day for their Mission President (AKA "their father in the mission field!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment